I would like you to know that the Southeastern Synod will be gathering on June 5, 2021, for the annual Synod Assembly. At this event - amongst many other items of ministry - our assembly will be electing youth (under 18 as of June 5) and young adults (18-30) of our synod to serve in two capacities:
- Voting Members to the 2022 Churchwide Assembly
- Dates: August 8-12, 2022 - Columbus, Ohio
- (For youth, I'm happy to write a letter seeking an excused absence for you for this event)
- TWO members of our synod will be YOUTH or YOUNG ADULT
- At-Large Synod Council members (2-year term)
- Meets 3 times per year, plus some remote meetings
- We need at least one youth and one young adult on synod council, but we can always welcome MORE!!!
- SESLYO already has ONE youth who will serve, but we welcome others to consider, especially if you are a YOUNG ADULT (18-30)
DEADLINE IS MAY 1, 2021!!!
As youth and young adults of our synod, you are an important part of our mission and ministry. Your voice needs to be heard! You are wise and have much to contribute to the direction of the Church at-large and in our synod.
Please click the buttons above to learn more about these positions and to fill out a nomination form!
Contact me with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org, or my cell: 615-617-9697.
+ Pr. Michael Jannett